Former North Allegheny student athlete and Franklin Park resident Kylie Isaacs, a senior on the Duquesne University women’s tennis team, broke the all-time university wins record this past weekend by securing her 148th victory in the Carnegie Mellon Invitational. Isaacs broke the record previously held since 2010 by Rachel McGowan. Isaacs is a 3 time Atlantic-10 first-team all-conference member and academic all-conference member who also holds the records for wins in a season and winning percentage. Isaacs is a dual information systems and supply chain management major who intends to pursue professional tennis after graduation.
The North Allegheny Hall of Fame Committee is pleased to announce the Induction Class of 2017. This year’s class of inductees includes:
- Jonathan Buerger (2010) – Swimming
- Erin Huth Blattenberger (1997) – Basketball and Volleyball
- Josh Hungerman (2005) – Baseball and Basketball
- John Kofmehl (2004) – Volleyball
- Kim Markel Masarik (2003) – Track and Gymnastics
- Zach Zanni (2003) – Volleyball
- Allison Neff Romano (1991) – Gymnastics
- Amy Olshenske Mackle (1989) – Basketball and Softball
- Dede Rittman (Coach) – Boys Golf
- Kim Steel McGlone (1989) – Swimming
- James Steidel (2001) – Soccer
In addition, we will be honoring three special individuals for honorary service:
- Mr. Jim Turner – Joseph Drazenovich Award for legendary service
- Mrs. Susan Sweeney – Bob Miller Award for outstanding supporter of North Allegheny Athletics
- Mr. John Haddad – Bob Austen Award (formerly the Distinguished Coaching Award)
Our 21st Hall of Fame Banquet will be held a memorable event for all. As in past years, we will continue the tradition of acknowledging the preceding year’s (2016-2017) Individual and Team PIAA State Championships. This year, the Hall of Fame committee will recognize the PIAA Boys AAA Swimming and Diving Team, along with individual state champions, Clara Savchick (Track & Field – 3200 Meter), Ayden Owens (Track & Field – 300 Meter Intermediate Hurdles & 110 Meter Hurdles), Mason Gonzalez (Swimming – 100yd Freestyle & 50yd Freestyle), Jake Woodley (Wrestling – 2-Time PIAA Champion at 182 and 195 pound weight classes. In addition, we will be honoring out 200 Medley Relay Team of Andrew Zhang, Ricky Mihm, Maxwell Gonzalez and Mason Gonzalez, and our 200 Freestyle Relay team of Jack Wright, Ricky Mihm, Maxwell Gonzalez and Eben Krigger.
The 21st Hall of Game Banquet will be held on Thursday, October 5. For more information, including a Ticket Order and Program Advertising form for the induction banquet, click here.