Winter 2015 – 2016 Physical/Sports Registration for 7th – 12th grade is open at www.familyid.com. Under “Find a Program”, type in “North Allegheny” and you will find the Winterl 2015 – 2016 Sports Registration site. If you already registered a student for Summer Rec or played a sport during the 2014 – 2015 sports season, the process is very simple because your family’s account is already set-up and the student’s information is already entered. You will simply need to update any contact information and health history before saving your information.
There are (4) things that have to be completed by Friday, November 6th in order for a student to participate in a fall sport:
- The on-line registration must be completed on the familyid.com website. You can only check one sport per season! If the student is planning to try out for basketball (for example), doesn’t make the team, and wants to wrestle, that is perfectly fine! The coaches will only get an alphabetical list of approved athletes for tryouts!! Choosing one sport on the familyID.com website does not mean that the student must play that sport. If a student tries out for a winter sport, doesn’t make the team and doesn’t want to play another winter sport, we will refund the Participation Fee in the same format it was paid to us. For example, if they paid via credit card or PayPal account, that money will be refunded to that account. If they paid via check, the check will be returned. Please go to www.familyid.com and login to your account with an e-mail and password (that was already set up if you registered before. Sign-in if you’ve never used familyid before). Once logged in, go to “Find Programs” and type in “North Allegheny”. You will see “Winter 2015 – 2016 Athletic Pre-Participation” site. Click on that site to complete the registration.If you are not computer savvy and would like help with the registration process, please call our office and we’d be happy to help you navigate through the registration. There is also a toll-free number, 1-888-800-5583 x1, that FamilyID has set up to answer any questions or help with problems.
- The Physician’s Form (Section 6) must be filled out and turned into the Athletic Office by Friday, November 7th. The date next to the doctor’s signature cannot be any earlier than June 1, 2015. If your son/daughter had a physical done in March 2015, that’s fine, but the date next to the doctor’s signature must be after June 1, 2015. A copy of Section 6 is available on the Athletic Page of www.northallegheny.org under Fall Sports Registration on the front page. If you played or tried out for a fall sport, you do not need to turn in another physical. The physical you turned in is on file and will be valid for any winter and/or spring sport that’s played as long as they haven’t had an injury since their physical.
A new feature this year is the option to scan and upload a copy of the physical form to your familyid.com account in the comfort of your home! Under “Participant” on familyid.com, you will see “Scan and Upload a Physical Form (Section 6) Here”. Scan and save your child’s physical form to your computer and upload it to your son/daughter’s familyid.com account. This option will save you a trip to the Athletic Office. You still have the option to bring or mail in your son/daughter’s physical form to the Athletic Office located across the hallway from the gym.
- Concussion Testing – There are two weeks of free concussion testing available for winter sports. Here is the schedule:
- 10/28 or 11/4: 4:00pm – Wrestling (7th – 12th grade)
4:50pm – Girls Basketball (7th – 12th grade)
- 10/29 or 11/5: 4:00pm – Swimming/Diving (9th – 12th grade)
4:50pm – Boys Basketball (7th – 12th grade)
- 10/30 or 11/6: 4:00pm – Gymnastics/Bowling/In-Line Hockey/Girls MS Volleyball
4:50pm – Indoor Track (9th – 12th grade)
- Make-up dates for all winter sports are Tuesday, November 10th at 4:00pm or Thursday, November 12th at 4:00pm.
No registration is necessary and the test takes about a half an hour. ALL students entering 7th, 9th or 11th grade next year MUST have a new test on file regardless of when they took it last or they will not be able to tryout in November. Any student entering 8th, 10th or 12th grade does not need to take the baseline test as long as they took it sometime during their 7th, 9th or 11th grade year. The Athletic Department does not have access to this program, so please do not call the office to see when your child took the test last. Only our trainers have access to that information. To verify if your child needs a baseline test, please e-mail Tabitha Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation Fees are required PRIOR to the start of tryouts for all Interscholastic and Club Sports!! The easiest and fastest way to pay this fee is on-line at the end of your child’s registration process on the familyid.com website. Please choose the “Pay & Submit” tab at the end of the registration process and, at the next screen, click on “Proceed to Payment” where you can either login to your current PayPal account or pay via credit card. This payment process can be completed in the comfort of their home. This process does not apply to any intramural sport, band, forensics, orchestra, etc. This on-line opportunity only applies to Interscholastic and Club Sports at North Allegheny.If you choose not to pay on-line, please choose the “Pay By Check” tab at the end of the familyid.com website, and hit “Submit”. You will then need to drop off a check to the Athletic Office (not the student’s main office) prior to Friday, November 6th. The student will not show up on the alphabetical list of “approved” students to tryout until the Participation Fee is paid. The website allows for financial hardships and for family caps. Those participants should choose the “Pay By Check” and “Submit” tabs and drop off a letter for financial hardship to the Athletic Office. This procedure is the same as what was required in previous years.
Using familyid.com for sports’ registration for the 2014 – 2015 school year went very well. We appreciate your help and feedback that helped make this program a success! If you have any questions, please contact Patti McClure at email@example.com or Bonnie Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org.