Cross Country Summer Running Academy
To: All fall 2021 NAXC runners, other sport athletes interested in training for speed endurance, and their families –
This summer we will again be offering a tremendous summer cross country pre-season training program in North Park. Again functioning as Allegheny North Athletics, LLC, I will be offering my Summer Running Academy weekday mornings at North Park, beginning June 14; additional details are below. The Academy will be a great fit for all those preparing for fall cross country competition, but it will also be of extreme benefit for those who will be participating in soccer, field hockey, and any sport where physical condition and endurance are important.
With the pandemic, there have been many questions as to our plans this summer. Currently, my plan, barring anything unforeseen, is to start in person practices on June 14. At this point, I would say we will still need to keep group sizes small, so my plan is to run two sessions (7:30-9:00 and 8:00-9:30) again with small pods in each session. Of course, if things change for the better, we will attempt to get closer to the usual practice format, but if I am being honest, I don’t think I see the one large group session happening this year. I am anticipating the same mask requirements (wearing to and from practice, warming up, after running work, etc, and the option of removing masks when running the workout) as last summer.
Each participant will receive the following:
- Individualized conditioning sessions
- Technical analysis of running form
- Individualized goal setting and comprehensive practice plans
- Variety of base, tempo, and speed training
- Comprehensive cross training targeted at balance, flexibility, strength, and stamina
- Midseason evaluation and recommendations for personal growth
- Weekly verbal evaluation for continued and future improvement
- A positive and professional educational atmosphere and environment
- Much more!
Participation in my Summer Running Academy program is strictly voluntary. Our program’s major objective is to provide the opportunity for each young person to develop physically, psychologically, and socially to reach their desired goals, as well as prepare themselves for their upcoming future competitive challenges.
The Allegheny North Athletics training program will continue to be held at the Pie Traynor area of the park (Deer Browse 1 Pavilion) June 14-August 13, with a vacation week off from July 26-30. High school practices will continue to be held Monday through Friday, while middle school practices will be held Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.
A professional, skilled, developmental training program in a positive educational environment at an affordable price was our desired goal.
Students entering grades 9-12 in the fall: $170
Students entering grades 6-8 in the fall: $120
With the current employment climate, I know some families are not in a position to pay their registration fee. I do not want the fees to hold anyone back; please reach out to me if your family is experiencing a hardship; this will be strictly confidential.
Registrations will be accepted on a first come-first served basis. All participants must have all registration forms including signed waivers and registration fees in for insurance purposes prior to participation.
Families who wish to take advantage of this opportunity should do the following:
- Register their student online here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1COrXfTWYlNzMjhEhVuz30_9SI0vm8h3TeHkQa6C3VlE
- Print and fill out the attached waiver. Also available online here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xyfz5pebSz3oHOvl5sq00DJH3ypP-3kxMVAo8DLW5gE/edit . I do not feel it is necessary to use the online platform for waiver forms this year, and I will be accepting paper forms as in years past. A family can also email me their signed form if they wish.
- Send in their waiver and payment (Checks payable to Allegheny North Athletics, LLC) to John Neff, Summer XC Registration, PO Box 271, Wexford, PA 15090.
Of course, I will reach out via email with updates. As the start date nears, I will send information about pre-season run tests, masks and safety, and other important details.
Questions of any kind can be addressed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Coach John Neff